The Hoosier Gardener will give two free programs on vegetable gardening at the Spring 2010 Green Scene, sponsored by Indiana Living Green magazine at the Indianapolis City Market.
- 10:30 – 11 a.m. Vegetable Gardening 101, Getting Started, Location, soil, water, testing, raised beds.
- 11:15 – 11:45 a.m., Vegetable Gardening 102, Top 10 easiest veggies to grow and how to grow them.
The program also features Jill Ditmire from Mass Ave Wine Shoppe, Meredith Easley of Easley Winery, and Sarah Smith from Mallow Run Winery, as panelists to talk about local wines and food pairings and the wine trail.
ILG publisher Lynn Jenkins will talk about food labeling and what consumers should look for when buying food at farmers markets, community supported agriculture subscriptions and other local sources. Chef Wendell Fowler will do a cooking demonstration.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 6, 2010
- Indianapolis City Market, 222 E. Market St. (Vendor info, GreenScene@IndianaLivingGreen.com)
- Free admission, but registration is required.